Animal Assisted Therapy
Pets can be good for our health. They are known to increase a sense of well-being and reduce our stress levels. Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is an innovative intervention in which an animal becomes a crucial and highly effective part of the treatment process. Animals can give therapists the tools they need to begin and maintain an effective treatment program with solution-focused therapy. AAT can improve a person's social, emotional, and cognitive functions.
Benefits of AAT
- Animal Assisted Therapy serves as an effective icebreaker with withdrawn and uncooperative clients.
- Studies have shown that stroking and animal helps reduce blood pressure and heart rate.
- Interaction with animals helps in bringing individuals out of thier world and into ours.
- Therapy animals encourage interaction between client-therapist and client--outside world.
- Therapy animals have a way of accepting people without qualifications.
- Having a warm, furry animal to stroke and hug is therapeutic to clients who are not comfortable being touched by people.
- Watching a pet jump around and play can be relaxing and fun for even people who don't like animals.
- Receiving unconditional love and affection from an animal can teach clients especially children to develop nurturing skills, which they may not of been able to learn from people.
- For seniors, the benefits
of a furry companion can be life-changing. Walking a dog is great
cardiovascular exercise, but just the simple act of caring for a pet-petting,
brushing, feeding-provides both mild activity and a means to stay engaged with
- Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome
- Substance Abuse
- Attachment Issues
- Trauma/Loss Situations /Grief
- Low Self-Esteem
- Anxiety disorders
- Behavioral/Emotional Concerns
- Depression/Bi-Polar Disorder/Anxiety
- Abuse/Trauma/Pain (Physical, Emotional and/or Mental)
- Social and Relationship Issues
- Eating Disorders
Teens, Families, and Groups
- Self-Enrichment for Teens
- Social Issues and Support Groups
- Team Building
- Custom Designed Programs Based On Your Goals
Contact us regarding how our assortment of animals can assist your clients to meet their goals.